"Jeg har endnu ikke set nogen influenza, der ikke blev helbredet eller markant forbedret af massive doser vitamin C.."
(Robert F. Cathcart, MD)
"We provide direct evidence that the SARS-CoV-2 has acquired mutations capable of substantially changing its pathogenicity. Our study provides direct evidence that mutations currently occurring in the SARS-CoV-2 genome have the functional potential to impact the viral pathogenicity," says the team in their findings, a pre-print version of which has been published.Despite evidence to the contrary and even acknowledging that the exact origin is not yet possible to determine, the WHO is still pushing the animal to human transmission theory. Meanwhile Trump is looking into the possibility it originated from a lab, albeit in Wuhan and not the US:
"A diverse collection of mutations was identified in the 11 viral isolates, including two sets of founding mutations for two major clusters of viruses currently infecting the world population. In addition, 19 identified mutations are novel, despite the relatively early sampling dates, indicating that the true diversity of the viral strains is still largely underappreciated," they say.
In a previous study, researchers from China had identified two separate strains of the new coronavirus. The research team analyzed 103 publicly available genomes from infected persons and found 70% were the more aggressive type, while the remaining 30% comprised the less aggressive type. Another study discovered three distinct strains of COVID-19, consisting of clusters of "closely related lineages" — which have been labeled 'A', 'B' and 'C'.
Asked to comment on recent reports by major US media outlets suggesting the lethal virus emanated from a virology lab in the Chinese city of Wuhan, Takeshi Kasai, WHO regional director for the Western Pacific, cautioned against speculation, saying the verdict was still out on the exact origins of the pathogen.See also:
"I think at this stage it's not possible to determine the precise source, but available evidence suggests that it has an origin from animals," Kasai said at a virtual press conference on Tuesday. "Again, there are many researchers studying these issues, and we've heard that this might have originated from bats, but how it reached humans we still don't know."
"At this time, we cannot conclude anything yet."
Last week, Fox News and the Washington Post both ran stories, largely based on anonymous US government sources, suggesting that the coronavirus might have escaped from the lab in Wuhan. Although US President Donald Trump fell short of endorsing the theory outright, he threw his weight behind the idea, saying it "seems to make sense," and that the White House was now looking into the question.
Not everybody on Trump's own Covid-19 task force seems to be on board, however. One key figure, Dr Anthony Fauci, has been dismissive of the claim, insisting at a recent briefing that the virus was not "man-made" and had instead evolved naturally to infect humans.
As drama and speculation about the pandemic swirl in the political realm, however, scientists have been hard at work investigating the virus' origins, with one recent study led by geneticists at Cambridge University concluding that it may have come on the scene much earlier than previously thought. While a number of experts have estimated that the first human infection occurred sometime in November or December 2019 near a wildlife market in Wuhan, the Cambridge researchers believe the outbreak actually started weeks prior, in September, and it may not have happened in Wuhan at all, but somewhere south of the central Chinese city. While the geneticists could provide few definite answers, the mystery may be unraveled further as research continues, with scientists building genetic models to trace the virus back to its true point of origin.
Først syntes eksperimentet vellykket, da alle dyrene udviklede en robust antistofrespons mod coronavirus. Men når forskerne udsatte de vaccinerede dyr for den vilde virus, var resultaterne forfærdelige. Vaccinerede dyr fik hyperimmunrespons inklusive betændelse i deres krop, især i deres lunger. Forskere havde set den samme 'forbedrede immunrespons' under human test af de mislykkede RSV-vaccinetest i 1960'erne. To børn døde.Studie fra 2012: Immunization with SARS coronavirus vaccines leads to pulmonary immunopathology on challenge with the SARS virus. (Studie fra 2012: Immunisering med SARS coronavirus-vacciner fører til lungeimmunopatologi når det udsættes fro SARS-virus.)